Tuesday, January 21, 2014

This Message is a Day Late.......

The library was closed yesterday due to MLK Jr Day, so we're emailing a day late. 

The bottles (The Missionary's Health Potion, The Missionary's Manna Potion, The Missionary's Spirit Potion) are just decoration. They had sparkling apple cider in them, then I took the labels off, filled them with Gatorade, and then put the labels on them. I'm getting more ties because missionaries trade ties! It's what we do at the end of a transfer. I could trade 1 nicer tie for 3 ties of a bit less value and be happy, but I just need room to put them up.

That's awesome news about dad's possible job opportunity! It'd be awesome if he got the job. I hope the dental is good, as the canine that Brother Seare didn't fix (which I hoped he would at our last appointment) will likely need to be repaired/resurfaced while I'm out here. It's fine for the most part right now. Just sensitive to chocolate. Speaking of dental, will you want me to get a dental checkup every 6 months? It'd be tough because I technically don't have a dentist down here, but our resident medical person can point us in good directions. I've heard rumors that some will do it free for missionaries.

That's great news for Katherine! And Orson Scott Card? That's freaking awesome! He is one of my favorite authors. And that scholarship is huge! Even though it's not all paid, that's a good chunk of money we're not paying.

I recommended to one of our Less Active members that he look into a sales position at Sleep Number. Philip seems to like it so much, and this member, Steve, reaaaaly wants out of his used car sales job, so I made the suggestion to him and he said he'll look into it.

I'm glad that Grandma's recovery continues to go well for the most part. I'm sure she'll pull through in the end! It may be frustrating at times, but the Lord puts us through trials to test our patience and faith. (Mosiah 23: 21-22)

21 Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to achasten his people; yea, he trieth their bpatience and their faith.
 22 Nevertheless—whosoever putteth his atrust in him the same shall be blifted up at the last day. Yea, and thus it was with this people.
The floor looks pretty good! And it's nice having a picture of the dogs. If possible, could you send a small photo album with pictures of the family and pets and whatnot? It's not something big to have, but it'd be nice so my companions can see where I come from. 

The only people I get letters from are Jenny and Sheldon's family and the Mabey kids.

That's a cool story from Bishop Moore! We'd be doing different things in our area if there was anything to do besides knock. No possibility of being on a busy street sidewalk. It's all houses. How about some stories from you and Dad? Honestly, those would be cool stories. Just misc. mission stories from both of you. Put them in email and I could print them here. Actually, anything you send me I can print.

This past week has been a dead week. Tuesday was transfers, and Elder Patterson (from the other companionship in our ward) left the area. He's gone to Valencia 2nd, and has actually just gotten his Visa for Brazil! Took 9 months, but he's got it finally. He'll head to Brazil after this transfer, I think. Elder Hudson (his now ex-companion) gained TWO companions, so he's in a trio. Their names are Elders Smith and Nordgran. They've been on bed rest all week because Elder Nordgran got a concussion right before transfers. He's fine now, though. Besides that, our entire district is the same.

Yesterday we went to Subway for lunch (using up our gift cards), and we sat next to a guy who recognized who we were are knew our purpose. It didn't lead to anything, and he wasn't a member. In the few seconds that he sat there, he made sure we realized that we're representatives of Christ and commended us for it. We then cleared up his confusion about the LDS Church and Mormons being different things, which they aren't, of course.

Thanks! Love and miss you all!

~Elder DeFord

No comments:

Post a Comment